Seasonal changes can affect the appearance of skin. Luckily, there are many nutrients that can help to improve the condition of skin and reduce the appearance of ageing. Over recent years, nutritional supplements have become a popular choice for people seeking to support healthy skin from within.
Our NEW Skin Care Plus™ formulation combines 11 key ingredients that are believed to help support healthy skin. This exclusive formula includes collagen, OptiMSM and hyaluronic acid, alongside vitamins C and E and zinc which are proven to support the maintenance of healthy skin.
How does the skin work?
The skin is made up of three layers. The outside layer is called the epidermis. Just underneath the epidermis new skin cells start forming, and gradually work their way to the surface as the older cells on top die.
The second layer is the dermis. This layer is tough and stretchy as it contains collagen and elastin. It also contains nerve endings, blood vessels, oil glands, and sweat glands. Over time, the dermis becomes thinner and saggy. As it loses its firmness, wrinkles may start to appear.
The bottom layer is the hypodermis. This layer is mainly subcutaneous fat and contains the hair follicles and keeps the body warm.
When you are young the cells in the epidermis replace themselves approximately every 16 days, to give you fresh healthy looking skin. However, by the age of 35 this renewal process doubles to approximately 30 days. Over time, environmental factors and natural ageing can cause existing collagen to break down. This can also diminish the body’s ability to produce collagen at healthy levels. This decline continues as we age causing skin to start looking tired and worn.
An Exclusive Formulation
Our in-house nutritional experts have formulated this exclusive product based on advanced scientific studies and research. The main ingredients are:
- Naticol® Marine Collagen 200mg – collagen is the most abundant protein in the skin, making up approximately 75% of the skin. However, over time the levels present in the skin begin to decline.
- OptiMSM® 100mg – contains sulphur, which is essential for the formation of collagen, elastin, cartilage and keratin. Elastic sulphur bonds help to connect and rebuild connective tissues.
- Hyaluronic Acid 50mg – a complex sugar called glycosaminoglycansm, this is naturally found in connective tissues and the skin. Hyaluronic acid helps the skin retain water and provides a moisturising effect. It is often used in dermal fillers.
- Vitamin C 80mg – contributes to normal collagen formation and the healthy function of the skin. Collagen is vital for skin to maintain firmness and elasticity. Vitamin C also helps to keep blood vessels near the skins surface healthy.
- Vitamin E 12mg – protects cells from oxidative stress and prevents water loss so that the skin retains moisture. Many experts believe vitamin E may help to reduce the signs of premature ageing.
- Zinc 15mg – many experts believe zinc can help to repair damaged tissue and heal wounds. It may also help to alleviate the inflammation associated with skin conditions such as acne. Many sunscreens contain zinc oxide, as it is believed it may help to protect skin from sun damage.
- Aloe Vera 10,000mg – the juices from the aloe vera plant are believed to offer calming and soothing qualities that may help heal injured or broken skin.
- Bladderwrack 15mg (containing Iodine 150mcg) – iodine is an important nutrient for skin care. It is popularly taken to support women’s health.
Tips to maintain healthy skin
- Drink plenty of water – water helps to hydrate the skin.
- Protect skin from sun – use sunscreen or protective clothing.
- Don’t smoke – smoking narrows blood vessels and makes skin appear older.
- Avoid harsh chemicals – these can irritate the skin and cause outbreaks.
- Reduce stress – excess stress can trigger outbreaks on the skin.
- Sleep – lack of sleep can cause your skin to look tired and older.
You might also like…
Eczema – Triggers, Tips & Treatment: Changes to diet, lifestyle and skin care routine can help to offer relief from the common symptoms of eczema.
Menopausal skin changes: Signs, symptoms & treatment: Menopause accelerates changes to the skin, but there are steps you can take to reduce the signs.
Probiotics – The key to healing and anti-ageing: Probiotics help to remove toxins before they cause damage and reduce ageing internally and externally.